8th Grade Culmination Requirements
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion AND participate in the Culmination Ceremony, students must:
1. In 7th grade, earn a "C" or better in all classes and in 8th grade earn a "D" or better in ALL classes.
2. Students must earn 21 points out of the possible 30 points to be eligible for the Certificate of Completion.
3. All students are required to complete 20 community service hours.
4. Have no more than two "U"s in Cooperation during the eighth grade Spring Semester.
5. Have no more than two "U"s in Work Habits for the eighth grade Spring Semester.
(the two "U"s must come from different teachers)
6. Have an attendance rate of 95% for grades six through eight excluding a major illness.
7. Abide by school and district policies with respect to student conduct and school property.
8th Grade Promotion Policy: Students who do not meet promotion requirements may be retained, as specified in the most current District Promotion Policy. Contact the school counselor, Mrs. Turville, for more information.
If you have questions regarding 8th grade activities, please contact the 8th grade representative,
Mr. D. George.
For questions regarding culmination eligibility, please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Turville.