Math Notebook for Student-Led Conferences
Structure of the math notebook:
- 5-tab dividers
- (Tab 1) Guided Notes
- (Tab 2) Class Work
- (Tab 3) Homework
- (Tab 4) SBAC
- (Tab 5) Quiz/Test
Purpose of the math notebook:
- To help students develop their organizational skills
- To use all the work as notes for support
- To use the notebook during Parent Conferences (which will be Student-Led)
What are student-led conferences?
- They are parent-teacher conferences in which the child is not only present, but in charge of explaining his or her progress, reflecting on accomplishments, and setting short and long-term goals.
Why student-led conferences?
- show parents and students that their opinions and experiences are valued by the teacher
- empower the child to take responsibility for his/her learning
- give the parent and teacher a chance to hear the student reflect on his progress in his/her own words
- reassure students that parents and teacher are there to support them
- hold students accountable for their academic and behavioral choices
- give the parent the opportunity to see the teacher and child interact
- provide the teacher with insight about parent-child relationships/home structure
- take unnecessary pressure off of the teacher by focusing on the student and his/her work samples
PARENT CONFERENCE ** THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2018 ** 5:00-7:00pm
Supplies for 2018-2019
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!!!! Your success in my class will require a positive attitude, hard work, and being prepared. Your math binder will be used for Parent/Teacher Conferences.
The following are supplies you will need for my class:
- pencils (mechanical)
- red pen
- green pen
- highlighters (any color)
- colored pencils
- paper (loose or spiral)
- 5-tab dividers
If you have any questions and/or concerns, contact me at email@example.com.