Marina del Rey Middle School
Library Media Center
MacLab MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Marina Library Media Center MacLab is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The MacLab provides intellectual and physical access to research instruction and training in the use of technology and online resources.
The Purpose of the MacLab
The technology available in the MacLab provides an exciting learning opportunity for students to increase global awareness, enhance reading and writing, improve research skills and encourage lifelong learning.
Collaboration Maximizes Instructional Impact
The Teacher Librarian works with the classroom teachers to:
• plan, teach and assess lessons
• prepare online resources
• integrate information literacy and technology skills into curriculum units and standards-based instruction
• guide research strategies that enable students to find information efficiently and effectively
• advise on copyright and the ethical use of information
• post lessons on the Marina Library Webpage
• The MacLab is available to all classes.
• Teachers can sign up for a class visit in the Main Library Sign-Up binder.
• The Teacher meets with the Teacher Librarian to plan the lesson.
• Students must have an AUP on file.
• Teachers take attendance in the classroom, escort students to the MacLab, line students up outside the MacLab door.
• Students enter and place their backpacks in the open cupboards. Students sign in on the card on each computer.
• Teachers stay in the MacLab.
• The Teacher Librarian provides all necessary materials.
vortega, TL (2009-2010)